I have a bad habit of always needing a sweet treat after every meal. You too?!? Instead of reaching for the left over halloween candy or something pack full of processed sugars, try these protein energy balls.
They are so simple to make, store well in the refrigerator, and curve any sweet tooth!
Below is the ingredients for the base, from there you can get as creative as you want with the add ins.
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup protein
- 1/4 cup nut butter
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp shelled hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp water
- 3 pitted dates
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- sprinkle of salt
add ins: 1/4 cup cashews 2 tbsp chocolate chips
Makes 8 protein balls
- In the food processor blend up the oats, then add the pitted dates.
- add the protein powder, nut butter, chia seeds, hemp seeds, water and 1 tbsp of honey to the food processor.
- chop the cashews.
- transfer into mixing bowl. add the cinnamon, salt, chopped cashews, chocolate chips in to the base. add the remaining tbsp of honey. mix
- roll into balls.
Make it yours!
You can get as creative as you’d like here! Play with the add ins to create the sweet treat you are craving.
Some add ins to try:
- Cocoa powder and chocolate chips for that extra chocolate fix
- raisins and keep some oats whole for a cinnamon raisin cookie
- coconut and chocolate chip
Change up the flavor of protein powder. Use vanilla protein, add sprinkles and white chocolate chips and you have yourself a birthday cake!
I personally use this protein powder. I subscribe to it on Amazon, that way I never run out.
For the shelled hemp seeds, I get them at Trader Joe’s.
Store the protein energy balls in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Need more meal prep ideas? I got you!
Tag me on Instagram and you tried and loved any of these recipes! 🙂